Saturday, March 21, 2009

Back on the Road


Once again I am on the road (don't worry mom, I'll go to church tomorrow). I am in Barstow a little town along route 66. I have been here for a week now. Its the first time I have been west in months. Covering for team 2 I will not see Utah (sorry that is covered by team 1) but I will see a lot of Cali and Nevada. The guy is sick so I have to be here for 4 weeks. I keep correspondence with the wife and kids through writing and phone calls.

In regards to moving to the 'real' mountains of this country (believe me when I say the Appalachian mountains are nothing compared to the Rockies), well its taking its time we have now about 60 days to move and the time to move is getting close at hand. We are hoping for a quick sale or short sale. Preferably a short sale as the bank is giving us time to sale before fore closer. We have repainted and repaired the roof with the money we have got from tax returns.

My boss is looking forward to someone covering the north west as there is no one who want to live in the cold and dry (alcohol free) states of Utah or the slightly more wet (alcohol that is) states of Idaho, Oregon, Washington or Colorado. Lets face it for my friends that enjoy women, booze, smoking and an occasional bet, the north west is not for them but it is for me.

I really miss family and friends that I have been forced to correspond via email, phone calls and mail. Me and Shelly really want to return and this is a prime opportunity and we are fortunate that I have a job that allows me to move to where the work is and that is anywhere in the USA. At any rate I will not bore you with the details of what is going on here but to say we are happy and love and miss you all. Attached is a picture of Leighton J Bingham a guy that loves to have his picture taken.

No comments:

background

<